Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Felt Flowers and Crochet Headbands

Last night I watched, um.... something on the TV.... oh, right!   It was another episode of a PD James novel from British public station and features the super cool detective Adam Dalgliesh ( I loved reading her books and am now loving the TV interpretation, both good).    Loaded down from Netflix -- easy, cool but finding a movie you want, hard.

And I made felt flowers from this website: http://makeanddogirl.com/2011/10/tutorial-diy-felt-flowers/
Watch out for hot glue!  Very messy.... wonder if there's a better way?  Also get burns on my fingers because it's hard working with the smaller petals and not bending them into shape with my hands.

They're very pretty and I've also made a headband, hunter green, to go with the green and black one.   I think there's going to be some work to do on attaching these to a headband because they're a little heavy.  So I'm working on a sturdier headband, the one in hunter green and mustard.

The headband pattern is very easy, too.  Here's link to YouTube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS39tjLyeyk





No comments:

Post a Comment